Sunday, April 6, 2008

Today

It's 6:20am and little Adah has already been up for her bottle and snuggles. She's been back to bed now for over an hour. The house will slowly come alive as one by one the bodies arise from their beds. Everyone is home which isn't often the case on the weekend.

I think we're all going to make it to church today. We have been sick and unfortunately missed last week.

I'm taking Adah & Anna into the 2 year old classroom that isn't being used and start teaching them for the Sunday school hour. I bought some curriculum from Standard Publishing and am going to practice on them today. :-) Our lesson is Jesus loves families.

After the worship service our Awana club is holding it's Grand Prix race. The boys have painted their cars and are all ready! I think dad weighed them yesterday for their final preps.

I practiced the two-strand twist on Anna after her bath. I used Loc Butter to seal the ends of her hair so she didn't need any rubberbands at the ends. I didn't know how I did, but Sarah said it looked cute. If it passes the approval of a sixteen year old then it must not be that bad. I know I need to get the twist tighter to the scalp, but my eyes are bad and her head is fast (meaning she turns constantly).

Before I did her twist we put on Marguirites' Magic with their shower caps. Their hair always seems so shiny and soft after that's been on. They were slathered with unrefined shea butter all over for that healthy glow. I know I don't do it often enough with my hectic life, but it needs to get done more often.

By the way, Jesse went to work yesterday and came home sick. He didn't think his bosses were happy with him, but what is he supposed to do? If you're sick, you're sick! At least he tried! Whatever!!!

Have a great Sunday!

1 comment:

  1. Yeah! the two strand twist, also a little bottle of water to spritz on them first so they will hold tight, work in sections. I went to You-Tube and typed in "braiding black hair" You can catch some braiding techniques there as well.

    Sorry to hear about Jesse being sick and his boss not accepting the fact. Pray to God he is not in a toxic work environment. I sure know what that's like as it has cost me my millstone.

    Bless you all: Peace & Love

    ReplyDelete