Friday, October 10, 2008

Disney again!

Some of us headed to Disneyland again yesterday. What a blast!!! Sarah stayed home with the little girls again because of her leg. She was at soccer practice on Sept 30 and was kicked in the calf by an U16 boy that she was trying to trip and steal the ball from. She didn't get the ball, but she did get a nice 7" or so long bruise and probably as wide. It's had a nice big knot in the middle of it. I took her to the dr again today, but he is not going to drain it because he's afraid she'll catch a resistent staph infection when she's healing. So for now NO SOCCER or rough housing for that girl. (I had the dr tell her so there was no question about it.)

Anyways, Steve wasn't going and I thought taking two non-English speakers, four boys and two toddlers in a double stroller might be just a bit much for even me. Yes, at times I do recognize my limitations, but not often! So Sarah offered to stay home with them, which turned out great because it was packed.

We headed into California Adventure first and tackled Soaring Over California which the girls loved. They loved all the carnival type rides that we went on there except for a smaller rollercoaster. Addis hated it because she thought she was going to fall off. The way the track is made they want you think you're falling off, but she doesn't know that.

After a while we went into Disneyland and split up for awhile. Joe took the boys on some faster rides while we hit the carousel, tea cups, Alice in Wonderland, Storybook canal boats and Dumbo. We then mosied over to the ice cream store, ordered ice creams all around and then sat on the curb outside and people watched. Such fun!

We then went to Tomorrowland and rode the Autopia cars and can you believe this? Addis & Abi went on Space Mountain and LOVED IT!!! I couldn't enjoy it since I was sitting with Abi and I had no idea if she liked it or was having a heart attack. She loved it!!!

We continued on with rides into the evening and headed home about 7:30. Poor Abi was sleeping as she was walking out of the park. She was literally walking and sleeping. I looked at her as she walked and her eyes were closed. How do you do that!? Joe picked her up and carried her for me. He's such a good big brother. We stopped at In & Out for dinner and Idrove home listening to great music and sleeping children. :)

I have pics, but will have to post them later!

2 comments:

  1. Vikki,
    Did you read my comment from your "Ethiopian Gathering" post?
    I'm sure you are totally swamped- so glad you are getting to Disney! What a blast and a great time of year! Some friends really would like to talk to you about CWA.
    Addis and Mulu look GREAT!
    Please email me when you find a minute...hollymac828@yahoo.com
    so I can put you in touch with my friend with a heart for Ethiopia.
    Blessings,
    Holly

    ReplyDelete