Monday, October 4, 2010

Wedding Anniversary

In the jungle in Puerto Vallarta

A few days ago Steve and I celebrated our 30th wedding anniversary. We celebrated by going on a cruise to the Mexican Rivera. We spent a glorious week together relaxing, exploring, eating, and enjoying one another.

Last year at this time I knew I wanted to do something big, something I/we hadn't done before to celebrate my 50th birthday and our 30th anniversary. I told, yes told, Sarah last year that if she wasn't due with a baby I wanted her to babysit for us while we went on our cruise. She agreed! She is pregnant but not due for another nine weeks. Perfect!

We decided on the Mexican Rivera for a few reasons. One, it was about the least expensive and two, it was on our anniversary which was really a blessing. We drove up to San Pedro early Sunday morning after enjoying a bite to eat at IHOP. After the surprise of the freeway being closed, the very one that we wanted to take to get us to the port, we finally found our way, somehow. We don't know how we got there, but we did. We went through all the customary things we had to do to get on the boat, and then the fun began!

This was like a sailing city. Incredible! We found our way to our room which was the greatest. We had a nice king bed with a sliding glass door which led out to the balcony where we could sit and enjoy the scenery of the ocean. Gorgeous!

The view off our balcony.
The staff on board the boat were all very nice. The stateroom attendant made up our room twice a day. The waiter and asst. waiter were attentive and very helpful. I'm just a girl from Kearny Mesa/Santee/Lakeside not La Jolla. I eat out quite a bit, but I don't go to fancy smancy places. These meals were the kinds where there are lots of silverware, plates and cups. Can we say "learning experience?"
Below are some pictures of our adventures.

Our boat in port at Cabo San Lucas
Waiting for our adventure on the dock at Cabo
On the boat
This is in Matzaland. We kayaked around that island. As we were coming to shore we tipped over. It felt good to get wet. I just wasn't expecting it!
Overlooking the water from the hill we climbed-yes, we hiked. It about killed me, but we did it.

In the jungle in Puerto Vallarta
In Matzaland


1 comment: