Thursday, December 9, 2010

The Lady at the Gas Station

We were driving home from Arizona and one of my children needed to use the restroom. NOW. Well if you've ever driven through Imperial/eastern San Diego County you know that there are no restrooms. We came upon a gas station or store of some kind but the bathroom wasn't available for some reason so we kept driving. We finally landed in Jacumba where there is a gas station with porta potties in the parking lot. Yeah! We pull in and much to our surprise and happiness they had just been cleaned. We all hopped out and charged the potties.




As I was heading back to our van a lady approached me out of nowhere. She came up to me and said, "The president of New York told me to dress this way and I want to know what you think?" Okay, so I thought I was on Candid Camera or that this was a prank of some kind and a car of laughing people was just to the side, but I wasn't and there weren't. I looked her up and down and hanging below her shirt hem was a huge flab of fat. I looked her in the eye and told her, "I think it's disgusting." She started laughing hysterically and yelled over to the man who was with her but standing aways away, "Well at least she's honest!"



Ummm.....what is happening? Why do I attract these people? I tried to keep to myself and not engage anyone in conversation. I often get accused of talking to strange people wherever I go. I didn't even know she was there and she approached me.



I continue on to my van and climb in to the passenger seat where the kids are now asking, "Who's that lady mom?" "Why is she talking to you?" "What did she say?" I tell them what was said and then we looked over and her partner was now using the guard rail as a toilet. My husband comes out of the porta potty at this point and is furious at this man for urinating in front of our daughters when he could have just as easily used a toilet. The lady approaches my side of the van and is just staring at me. She's not saying anything she's just staring. Talk about weird!!!! Hellllloooooo?!! I couldn't wait to get out of there. Where did she come from? Why was she there in the middle of nowhere? Why was she so weird?!!

No comments:

Post a Comment