Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Life at full speed

Seems as though I don't have time to blog or post little pictures here and there. Life is happening at breakneck speed and I just try to stay on top of the chaos.

I hesitate to blog when I do have time because I really don't have any lightbulb moments to share with you, I don't think that deeply that I could share some unknown wisdom on how things work or enlighten you to change your life or give you some wild wisdom. I'm just a wife, mom of thirteen, grandma to four trying to get through the day.

I'm lucky if I get some laundry going and a meal or two made. It doesn't help that I've been losing weight which means I don't cook the yummy stuff I normally do. I'm slowly starting to getting back to cooking my yummy meals, but that means I can't eat very much of what I cook. Seems as though I'm usually hungry, but that's okay. As long as I get my frozen yogurt with granola I'm good.

Tonight I made Black Bean soup. My daughter-in-law made a yummy salad with different lettuces, avocado, tomatoes, and onions. My husband brought home flour tortillas to go with the soup. We put a dollop of sour cream on the soup too to give it a little somethin', somethin'.

My second son and his family have been living with us for the last few weeks. They sold a house and are buying a house. While all the legal and financial things are being settled we get them for a bit. I've enjoyed having little Scotty Boy around. The first week he would wiggle free from my arms, but now he's resigned to the idea that gma is going to scoop him up and kiss his cute little face so he might as well enjoy it. :-) He's now laying his head on my shoulder if he's tired.

Usually we have our oldest granddaughter with us several times a week. I love how the different ages work together and how we all learn patience from different ages being around. Our youngest is six and our granddaughter is three. So in someways they could be sisters or cousins. One helps the other and they both exasperate the other. It will be so much fun for them when they're older and they have a close relationship with each other.

Two times a week I've been going to acupuncture to help loosen my facial muscles and nerve endings from the Bell's Palsy. It is helping and the acupuncture has helped my health in other ways also. When I go I have needles from my ankles to my head, sometimes as much as 27 or so needles in my face. Try scratching your nose when you can't move. Some days I'm in a room with up to three other people. I'm afraid to go to sleep, we lie there for an hour, because I just know I'm going to snore. I can't not snore when I sleep, but I really don't want others to know that. It's bad enough my family knows!!!

I just took our little Meskerem to the doctor yesterday. She's growing and thriving. Last year it was estimated that she would be 5' given her size and this year she has grown so much the dr. predicts she will be 5'3" and possibly taller if she is younger than her legal age like we think she is.

We've had birthdays, birthdays, and more birthdays! James, Addis, Abi, and John celebrated as well as our granddaughter. We've had parties, dinners, and lots of fun. Abi wanted to take her friends out for Ethiopian food. They loved it!


The three youngest girls have been taking swimming lessons. I need them to know how to get to the side of the pool. They can't wear floaties forever!!! We've been doing that twice a week for the last few months and we'll continue through April. Living in Southern California we NEED to be water safe.

That's just a glimpse into what has been happening around here.




No comments:

Post a Comment