Tuesday, January 22, 2008

I finished my scarf!

I felt like paparazzi and kept snapping.
Like Sarah's Ashley Simpson haircut? It's cute!

I finished the pink scarf I was knitting for Sarah. It's cotton candy in color. It was just a knit stitch because I can do that at the drs., watching tv, listening to the boys read, etc.... I had nineteen stitches across with a size 11 needle using one skein of yarn.

Dinner is almost done. Roast beef, mashed potatoes and canned veggies. I have found if you rub chopped garlic, salt and pepper all over the roast then put six pieces of bacon on top and roast for about two hours on 350*, it makes quite a tasty roast. I made it last week and everyone raved about it. They raved about the Mexican Lasagna too! I like it when I cook and they like it. :0)

Took James to the dr. this morning. He has a rash on his hands. The dr. thinks it's from his mono. It's only on his palms and it's itchy. I think I might as well just keep a pillow and a sleeping bag at the drs.

Talked to my case worker through email today. It's possible our new girls could get their second medicals before they're moved from the orphanage to the foster home. Meaning this would speed up the process considerably. I told our case worker that we should have our I-171H in two weeks. This means that they can schedule a court date for us! We might have these girls sooner than later!!!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the Mexican Lasagna recipe, I will make that this week. Sarah looks good in her new scarf and haircut. I once showed an acquaintance of ours, Sarah's picture sitting on the plane, either going to Ethiopia or coming back, and he was so fixated on her and said she was beautiful.

    ReplyDelete