Tuesday, June 3, 2008

How to be in three different places.

Today three boys had dental appts. at 11. We also had piano lessons from 12:30 until 2. We also needed to fit lunch in there sometime. When we arrived at the dental office we were asked if we would like four boys to have their teeth cleaned instead of three since they had a cancelation. I told them as long as we could get out of there on time with my piano players that would be fine.

Three boys were done by 12 so we left one there to have his teeth cleaned and headed towards piano lessons. As we were driving I heard moans and groans about being hungry. About a mile away from piano is Del Taco so I had three go in and order food, took Joel to piano, came back, ran in and used the ATM and ordered food for the rest of us. I left Joe there to fill our drinks and wait for the food while I took the other two to piano. After we dropped them off I swung back by Del Taco to pick-up Joe and our food. We raced back to get James who I'm sure had been waiting a good thirty minutes in the waiting room. (Piano and the dentist are miles and miles apart.) (three-four small cities)

We got everyone where they needed to be and had time to clean the van out while waiting for Sarah. I was able to change Adah who now had chili-cheese fries all over her.

Once Sarah was done we headed to the grocery store for quick-quick shopping. I had seven of the kids with me, Sarah stayed in the car. The cashier asked me if they were all mine. Yes. Are any adopted? Yes. Which ones? The darker ones. Sometimes I don't know if people are serious or they're really just ignorant. I think next time I'll answer the light ones and see what kind of response I get.

1 comment:

  1. Too funny Vikki.

    People always ask me if I'm running a day care. Sheesh.

    ReplyDelete