Sunday, January 13, 2013

Enjoying my older kids

This last week has found me spending time with adult kids. It's such a reward for all the training and parenting that we did. The reward being that we can now enjoy one another's company and just be together.

For Christmas our oldest son bought his dad tickets to Rain: The Beatles Cover band. The show was excellent. If you like the Beatles and you're ever able to go, you should, you won't regret it. It was so much fun. They sounded and looked just like the Beatles.
These pics are from from the Rain Website. Rain  He and his wife went with us to The Old Spaghetti Factory and then to the concert. It was fun just being with them.

  

  

In the middle of the week we went to Phil's BBQ to celebrate our second son's 28th birthday. We met him, his wife and little guy there. It was the first time for his wife, and about our fifth time or so. We always get the rib tickler with some added onion rings. Big greasy onion rings dipped in ranch dressing-oh so good!

Phil's BBQ

This weekend we headed to Luke Air Force Base where my daughter's family lives. We went for an overnighter so Grandpa could meet his newest granddaughter. We had fun playing with our grandson too. He is only two and so full of energy. I think we were welcome playmates.

We were able to go to Cracker Barrrel TWICE!!! Yes! In California we don't have Cracker Barrels so we can't go to one unless we're in a different state, that means if we hit Yuma or Phoenix we always go. It was Fish Fry Friday which is my FAVORITE so I was able to indulge my taste buds.

I'm having trouble uploading pics, but when I'm able I will post a new picture of the little Miss and her brother.

Today is my third son's 23rd birthday and he is stationed in Baltimore. We were able to call and chat with him for awhile. We so enjoy him and miss him since he's all the way across the U.S. When I went to Ethiopia this summer I stopped at his house for half a week on the way back. I get to see him in June when they come home for a few weddings.

Hopefully you have a relationship or will with your older kids. It's one of life's greatest blessings.


No comments:

Post a Comment