Sunday, January 20, 2013

Healthy Changes

Chiller 20oz with Graphics

This last week I joined Weight Watchers for the umpteenth time. I'm going to devote until August to lose the weight I need to lose. I'm doing this for my health. I was advised years ago to lose fifty pounds, but you moms know how it is. We take care of everyone else but ourselves. This is the year this mama needs to reclaim her health.
Our 4 Pillars
I was surprised when I weighed in heavier than I thought I was. Our at home scale is obviously light........ I'm on track now with 29 points a day. I've done really well so far, and I've gone out to eat almost every day.

I went out to Panda Express twice (I couldn't resist the second time). I changed up the fried rice for the vegies which are a big fat 0! Added the Black Pepper and Mushroom Chicken for a points value of 10. When I went back the next day I had a Panda bowl with vegies and Black Pepper Chicken and that was only 5 points.

We went out for bbq and I ordered the steamed vegies and 1/4 chicken with sauce. The chicken was breast and a wing. Since this restaurant isn't in the WW Eat Out book, I guesstimated that it was about 7-8 points for the meal, add in an ice tea and I was set.

We got pizza for our Friday night in-house date. Two pieces of that with raspberries and water, came to about 14 points.

On Thursday we went out for our weekly get-away-from-the-kids date and ended up at Olive Garden. I looked on the Lighter Menu and found a Lasagna Primavera and it was really scrumptious. Turns out that was eleven points. So I've been able to enjoy my food, I'm just making healthier choices.

I needed to go to the grocery store so I ended up in the misc. aisle. I bought the cup featured above. You can find it at Cool Gear. It has been my faithful friend all week. I just wish it were bigger so I wouldn't need to keep filling it up all the time.

I did give up Diet Sodas in 2010 because my joints were always so sore. Getting away from the aspartame fixed that problem for me. I switched to Iced Coffees at home recently and have shied away from those too this week.

The next thing I did to make a healthy change was to buy myself some new tennis shoes. I've been looking for months, but I hate to commit to shoes and purses so it takes me forever to decide on the right one. I found mine on the clearance rack at Famous Footwear for only $30-Nike's to boot! My husband is convinced I like them more than him, but I don't. (not yet :-) )

Then tada!!! I joined the YMCA yesterday. I signed up as a one-parent family and all nine of my kids get to go too!!!! Sarah will get to go to since she is moving home in May. Her husband is going to Korea for a year, so we get her for a whole year! The boys are excited since their friends go, and Joe wants to train for possible entrance into the Coast Guard. He passed the first round, next is the ASVAB.

Look out 2013, here we come!



No comments:

Post a Comment