Sunday, September 9, 2007

Anna and the marker

So I was on the phone with my sil the other day. I'm describing to her how Anna is taking the crayons and colored pencils out of the rolling cart they're in.

Joni says to me: "Rooney, (that's what she calls me) You better put those up where she can't get into them and color on stuff."

Me in all my wisdom: "She's okay Joan, she's content just taking them out of the drawer and watching them land on the floor."

Fast forward to a few minutes later.

Me: "Oh my gosh!!!! I can't believe it!!! Anna NO!!!!"

Joni: "Rooney, was that like a cuss word that you just said; Oh my gosh? Because you can't say the other because you're a Christian?"

Me: "Yes, Joni, that would be like a cuss word for me."

Joni content knowing that I'm going crazy at my house with my new kids, and just kind of cussed in Christianese asks: "Rooney, what happened?"

Me: "The very thing you just told me that she would do she did!

Joni: "Rooney, You better put those up. Oh no, what's Stevie going to say?" "Maybe if you put some Comet on a sponge and scrub it, it'll come off.

Me: "I can't believe this. Oh well, probably the only one in the whole family who could get away with this would be Anna." "Okay, I'm getting the Comet."

Tip: Listen to those who warn you of naughty things your kids might do. Usually they're right.

4 comments:

  1. Too funny! My niece 16 mo. will sometimes find my youngest daughter's markers when we're baby-sitting her and color her legs. LOL - good thing my brother is understanding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL!!! So Anna already has Dad wrapped around her little finger huh?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Magic Eraser works GREAT on stuff like this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anna has everyone wrapped around her little finger. Anna has a little glow about her that says, "Watch out I have plans,so don't get in my way :)"

    ReplyDelete