Sunday, September 19, 2010

Questions

I'll address questions I receive on here to give you an idea of questions people have. I (we) seem to have gone against the "norm" for a very long time so questions don't bother me. There are different reasons people ask questions. I have found that they really are interested in what I'm doing, they're making accusations disguised as questions, or they don't understand and would like to understand where I'm coming from.

When we chucked birth control to the wind we received questions. Most times from Christians when I became pregnant again. Like "Don't you know what causes that?" and "What if God gives you fifteen kids?" Usually I just laugh and blow it off. Those are accusations disguised as questions. Sometimes people come right out and say "Better you than me!" or "I could never do that!"

When we decided to educate at home back in 1988 we went against the flow. Relatives weren't happy with us. Church friends were skeptical of what we were doing. In my ever so humble opinion I was trying to do what was best for my child. He was active, rambunctious, and quite simply-a boy! I didn't want him on Ritalin, which was the popular behavior modification method at that time. He is now a Highway Patrol Officer who protects people like you and me. He chases down criminals, brings out his weapon if he needs to, and has to fill out reports. We didn't do education the way everybody else did it. We did it our way.

Now we're adopting our thirteenth and fourteenth child at fifty and fifty-one years of age. I don't think some people approve of this. Why? What could possibly be the reason that they wouldn't want a child in a family, our family? Children are lifelong commitments, they're needy, they're messy, they want what they want when they want it. They're so worth it. In God's eyes children are a blessing. I believe that. Until I die I will do what I can to show that.


Some questions I've received

Why are we adopting again?

We have the ability to parent two more children. We have room in our home.

Since we're 50 and 51, what if we have rebellious teenagers? How are we going to handle that in our 60's?

I've never lived for What If's. As I have gotten older I have found the more you nurture the better the results. Jesus and His love turn people around in unexpected ways. I am but an extension of Him and I am willing to use my hands and my heart to care for children made in His image.

If you have questions please feel free to ask I'll answer.

1 comment:

  1. let say.
    And be happy.

    May you give some news about Your girls? Don't forget sarah

    How happen integration for older girls addis and Mulu?

    ReplyDelete