Thursday, February 26, 2009

Abi Mulu's birthday

Today is Abi Mulu's 8th birthday! We celebrated by going shopping, just her and I. We went to Target and she picked out a couple of outfits, two Barbies and a backpack. We then went to Costco to buy meat for Saturday's party. As we were walking to the car I asked her if she wanted anything from the snack bar and she confirmed that she wanted a smoothie, a pink one, so a pink smoothie it was! We then went to the grocery store to pick up her second princess cake. Her first one got dropped yesterday afternoon not minutes after it was placed in her hands. She was trying to put it on the counter and I don't know what happened, but I could tell she was devastated. She didn't cry, but just had a look of disbelief. Her first ever princess cake and she dropped it. Not good. Since I was now tired because I've been sick and I've already shopped like a fool I decide to go to Starbucks, and it just so happens that the donut store is just a few doors down, and I asked her if she wanted a donut, of course she did. She asked me when we got in the car, "Why I get so many presents? In Ethiopia I never have a birthday." I explained to her that it was her first birthday here in America, here in our family, and we wanted it to be very special for her. I think we're doing a good job so far!

I'll post pictures in a bit.

1 comment: