Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Mother/Daughter Retreat

A few weeks ago the four girls and I went to Pine Valley Bible Camp for their FIRST annual Mother/Daughter Retreat Day. I chose to go just for the day because, well, four girls with one mom, seems exhausting to me, and it was much cheaper just to go for the day. (just sayin') One of the reasons I wanted to go were some of the ladies that were going to be there, Judy and her daughters Melissa and Jennifer. Judy was one of the speakers and Jennifer led worship. Melissa brought her three daughters adopted from the Ukraine and I was able to visit with one of them during our afternoon time at the pool. Delightful young ladies!

 Well we woke up early so we could make it in time for breakfast. We had about a half-hour drive ahead of us and hair to do. After breakfast we headed up to the opening session. After the opening session there was a breakout session time and I took the girls to the hula workshop. They had fun learning the hula and wearing grass skirts. Since they were taken care of I went to a class about Mother/Daughter blessings.

We met back up again for a tea which was also our lunch. We had little croissant sandwiches, cherry tomatoes with cream cheese dill filling, cookies, fruit, and some other yummies. All the girls from the hula class went up and did the hula for all of us. It was so cute! After our bellies were full and we were dismissed it was free time. Three of the girls chose to swim in the lovely pool and Addis chose to stay in and make a lei. After the other girls had swam for a few hours they were ready to try something new. Mulu had made some friends so she went off with them and their mom to some relay races and I went with the little girls to make leis. Anna was more into the hot chocolate making and Adah was directing me on what to put on her lei, but she clearly wanted me to do it since it was too intricate for her.

After our afternoon fun we had a great dinner and then session time again. The girls by now were totally fascinated by the crafts table where they were making all kinds of fun things. I had a relaxing and quiet time knowing they were occupied and just steps away from me.

We fellowshipped afterwards before heading home. The girls were now visiting with new found friends and I was able to visit with the wonderful ladies I had gone to see. We arrived home about ten o'clock, tired yet so happy for the time we were able to spend together and with our friends. It was time well invested in my daughters! I wish there was also something for moms and sons. Anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment