Monday, July 9, 2012

It's happening!

It's hard to believe that on Thursday I will be on a plane to Ethiopia. Crazy! We have one suitcase packed with shoe donations. I needed another suitcase with a working handle so we hit the thrift store and scored one for $10. I'll take more donations in that one. A friend donated seventeen pairs of pajamas and another shoes, crayons, and notebooks. Another friend had a bag of shoes she wanted brought over so those were dropped off at Steve's work and packed with the shoes we had bought. While at the thrift store I found individual piece nanny scrubs that can go together as sets. The ladies who work with the children in the orphanages and transition homes are called nannies and they wear scrubs while at work.

I have care packages and photo releases for children in the transition home. American parents like to send things over with traveling families for their children, and have photos taken. It's a small way to connect with your child when you're continents away.

I'm still waiting on updated referral information from our agency on Little A. Her initial info was false and I should have new information before I leave. Hopefully.

Finding cords and the universal adapter, charging cameras and the camcorder, making lists and checking them twice, wasting time on Pinterest....it's coming down to the wire!

I'll see Little A by this time next week. Hopefully we pass court the first time and I can finally post pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment