Saturday, July 14, 2007

Home School Book Sale

Today we loaded up the minivan with tables, books, dolls, cds, shades, and chairs and headed to a used curriculum book sale for home educators. Ever since we closed down our online bookstore we've been going to different sales and selling a little here and a little there.

We had an online bookstore and closed it when we started the adoption process, but we still have oodles and oodles of books! I think we're down to about ten totes or so.

The boys did great and even went shopping and found treasures of their own. I found some children's books that had black faces in them or was about Africa. One gem I found was about God loving all children of the world. It showed animated pictures of children from many, many countries. When I found a child from Ethiopia I was sold!

The books I found:
Peter's Chair by Ezra Jack Keats
Bringing the Rain to Kapiti Plain by Verna Aardema
African Wildlife Dioramas to Cut & Assemble (I found a dinosaur one for my boys too!)
Let's Talk About Children Around the World: God Loves Them All by Debby Anderson
Puzzle Map of California

It's fun to find treasures & gems; especially in the form of a book!

No comments:

Post a Comment