Monday, July 16, 2007

Sunday

Yesterday was packed from top to bottom. If it were a piece of luggage we wouldn't have been able to zip it closed! We started out by heading down to church where Steve gets the children's area ready for Sunday School. I checked on our VBS craft for the night to make sure I had all the parts & pieces. Since I was done and SS was still going on I headed down to the youth room figuring they would be sharing testimonies about camp at Hume Lake. They were showing a movie/video from Hume, but I must have missed the sharing time.

Went into the sanctuary and had a little quiet time while most of the other people were in front of the church socializing. We were having Dunkin' Donuts to go with our water VBS theme. A man from ICR (Institute of Creation Research) spoke about creation science. He was SO funny. I even got "the look" from Aaron (an 18yo) to quiet down from all my giggling. If you've never looked into creation vs. evolution I suggest you do. It comes down to foundation for me. If God made the world then what He says in the Bible is true and He gives us guidelines on how to live. If the world was made from nothing and no one was in charge of making it, then we have no one to answer to, no moral law. To me it is so simple, I can't fathom that people actually believe that they came from a fish or a monkey.

After church we had shaved ice and a dunk tank. Steve volunteered to go in and was dunked by his daughter pushing the button, the little cheater that she is. Our pastor, youth pastor, and some of the youth leaders also went in.

Then we headed to Presidio Park for Aaron's 18th birthday party. His mom had the BEST pasta salad there. The restaurant that made it made the whole thing, even the pasta, from scratch. The pastas were kind of like a cold cheese ravioli with a yummy well-seasoned topping. So good.

From there we headed back to church to get ready for VBS. Dinner was at 5:30. Opening at 6:30. Crafts, classes and games started at 7. I'm in charge of crafts and by the time I was done I had glitter all over my face. I still have some in my hair today.

I was dead tired by the time we got home. Steve made us some yummy popcorn and we called it a night!

No comments:

Post a Comment