Monday, July 2, 2007

Out with the old & in with the new!

Emptied our shelves of last year's school books!!! They're sitting in a laundry basket ready for Sarah to put away for me in our book cupboards. Our new books are sitting on the shelf and ready to go!

I love the way My Father's World looks. I'm going to go through the Kindergarten reading program with Joel. When acclerated there are twenty-six lessons to coincide with each letter of the alphabet. Then John, Joel & I will dive into the first grade reading. John didn't test so well in his reading. I think the A Beka readers were too hard, too many words & pages at once. MFW seems to be gentler in their approach. I want my guys to LOVE school not dread it like they do now. I want to like it too! I should be homeschooling until the year 2024. YIKES! I'll be ready for Social Security!!!

I also bought Singapore Math for John & Joel, Saxon for James, Joe & Sarah & Chalk Dust Pre-Calculus on DVD.

Spelling Power for spelling.

Grammar lesson books recommended by My Father's World. Reminds me of books from the 50's.

Writing Strands for Joe.

1 comment:

  1. Have you tried Pathway readers with the boys? Those were perfect for my tentative readers.

    ReplyDelete