Saturday, December 1, 2012

World Aids Day

Today is World Aids Day. I don't know anyone in my everyday life that has Aids or HIV, but I do know plenty of adoptive families that have brought HIV+ children into their homes. Knowledge is the first step away from the fear of this disease. We are approved to adopt a child with HIV+. I wanted the approval just in case we needed it. We haven't, but I did get a bit educated in the process. We're not in the 80's anymore!

Project HOPEFUL is going to be sharing facts about HIV over the next few weeks. Please help us end stigma and fear by sharing these daily. You can be a part of educating, encouraging and enabling families to advocate for and adopt children with HIV/AIDS. www.projecthopeful.org


Project Hopeful video:
Truth Pandemic

You can also visit: The Farmer's Wife Tells All
to see how one family lives with a daughter who happens to have HIV.

No comments:

Post a Comment