Friday, March 29, 2013

My new mug

I was serving in the church nursery a few weeks ago when a friend of mine brought me a little gift. She said when she saw it she thought of me. I was delighted that she would think of me while she was out shopping and even more delighted when I saw what it was.
It was a perfect gift! She knows me well since she grew up with my oldest boys. I do embarrass my children quite frequently. I kiss them when we're out in public. I dance in the car with them. I say things outloud that I'm thinking at the moment-good or bad. I threaten them within an inch of their lives if they misbehave when we're out. Sometimes I'm loud and obnoxious and sometimes not. My daughter used to beg me, "Please don't talk to anyone here!" She asked that because I strike up random conversations with strangers. So on that day a lady came from across the grocery store to strike up a conversation with me. I looked at my daughter with a smile. The lady said, "I just wanted to tell you how beautiful your skirt was." I thanked her and I looked at my daughter and said, "She pursued me and started the conversation. I had nothing to do with that." My daughter looked at me shaking her head and thinking I'm sure something along the lines of what was on the cup, "Oh, why does my mom have to be so embarrassing?" It's my job, honey, it's my job.

No comments:

Post a Comment