Wednesday, October 3, 2007

I am not scatterbrained.

My friend Debbie was tellling me how my wonderful husband, I won't hold this against you Hon, mentioned that I am quite scatterbrained lately. I instantly protested. "I am not scatterbrained!"

I no sooner get home and see this darling husband of mine and tell him that I am not scatterbrained. I also explain that most women would not be able to do all the things I do and he agrees. I tell him that I just have a lot to keep track of. He agrees.

So the question comes. Where's Jesse? We know that Jesse was just behind us at church. "Sarah, Do you know where Jesse is?" "No," she replies. The question goes around the room. Okay so no one knows where Jesse is. "Joe, hand me the phone," Steve says. "Jesse, where are you?" "I'm at Isaac's." Ummmmm......"Oh yeah," I say sheepishly, "I forgot he told me he was going to Isaac's." I get this look from Steve that says YOU ARE SCATTERBRAINED!!!! He wasn't going to say it, but I know he was thinking it!!!

Steve says, I can see if he told you last week, but he told you tonight! I protest because is forgetting something the same as being scatterbrained? I don't know. I explain that when he told me he was going to Isaac's I was making some very important quilting decisions. I was deciding if I should put the black square next to this creme square or next to the green square ? Does the burgandy need some purple or black next to it?

Just don't tell me anything important. I might just give you a blank stare. I don't think anyone is home in my brain lately. If you see me wandering around just point me to someone in my family. They'll know what to do with me.

3 comments:

  1. ROFL! I can relate -- I feel like I've suffered a recent and significant dip in my IQ.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhhh Vikki, you are not alone. Just today, I was talking on the phone to Meagan (my 25 yo married, very pregnant daughter) while I was parking at Walmart. My routine is to grab my cell from the console, where I set it while I drive, and put it into my front purse pocket. I looked around the trailblazer, nope, not there. I look in my purse, nope, not there either. I get out of the TB, still talking to Meg. OH YEAH! I am talking on it LOL

    Just toooo much to keep up with and once in a while our brains overload or hiccup.

    Kerri

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vikki, Welcome to my world, now you know why I can never remember things, My kids now just tell people Mom has short term memory loss, its cool, because we get in trouble with Mom and Mom forgets! I don't think thats cool!

    ReplyDelete