Monday, October 8, 2007

Pumpkin Bread recipe

I made this delicious pumpkin bread today. I found the recipe on the back of the label on Libby's canned pumpkin.

Pumpkin Bread-It will make four 9 x 5 loaves.

6 cups all-purpose flour
3 Tbsp. plus 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
1 Tbsp. plus 1 tsp baking soda
1 Tbsp. salt
6 cups granulated sugar
1 can (29 oz) Libby's 100% pure pumpkin
8 large eggs
2 cups vegetable oil
1 cup orange juice or water (I used oj and it doesn't taste like oj at all.)

If you desire you can add 2 cups sweetened dried, fresh or frozen cranberries.

Preheat oven to 350* F. Grease your pans.

Combine flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, oil and juice in large bowl. Combine sugar, pumpkin, eggs, oil and juice in large bowl with wire whisk; mix until just blended. Add pumpkin mixture to flour mixture; sitr until just moistened. Fold in cranberries if used. Spoon 4 cups batter in each prepared loaf pan.

Bake for 75-80 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.

Enjoy!!!

3 comments:

  1. Oooooo! I'm gonna make this this week with some pumpkin from my garden.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummmmm I think this is a bread I can share with the family this week. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heads up, I found this post here as well:

    http://smokeyjoeonline.com/pumpkin_bread

    Thought you'd like to know

    ReplyDelete