Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Apparently I make some of you tired

I have heard from two people, one being my mom, that I make them tired just reading about everything I do. I think I'm just wired with so much energy that I can't sit for too long unless it's at the end of the day; at which I clock out about 8pm.

The child in my family who is like me in that way is John. He is constantly doing something. TV is NOT for him because there is something to be done somewhere. He's a hard worker and often initiates a job and does it well. If we need someone to weedeat, John is there with goggles on and weedeater in hand. If we need someone to use the blower, you can find John first in line.

Now that I know you're already tired from my life, I'll fill you in on what I've been doing in the week I didn't post. I really didn't realize it had been a week!
Tuesday-teach school, piano lessons, errands, soccer practice taxi, and all the cooking, cleaning and laundry are just assumed for everyday

Wednesday-teach school, get ready for Cubbies, soccer practice taxi, lead Cubbies, did research for My Side of the Mountain

Thursday-Class Day with our Home School group. In our first Living Books class for grades 1-3 I am reading Charlotte's Web to them, we also made spiders out of yarn. Our second class which is Games went splendidly. I had my friend set up the games ahead of time and that really made a difference, as well as choosing better and funner games. (by the way we have like 45 kids in that class)-now that should make you tired, plus I take care of Anna & Adah at the same time, After lunch I read My Side of the Mountain to 4-6 grade boys. It turns out that the whole class, 15 kids, are ALL boys. They all sit and listen quietly. I love them. I'm entertaining the idea of having men read to the boys because I think they would REALLY get much more out of it then if I read to them.
-More soccer practices

Friday-Taught school, then took the afternoon off by myself! I went to Michael's craft store to look for a color of yarn that so far three stores haven't had in stock. I then went to Ross to mowsy and shop. I met Steve at P.F. Chang's for Mongolian Beef with brown rice and then we went to Costco to shop for my birthday dinner.

Friday night we decided to head to the Ethiopian church. We were a little late, but they as always were gracious with us and welcomed us in. So when we go to the ET church, a peculiar thing happens, the girls go to the children's program because they want to be with the children, but it is in English. Steve and I stay in the worship service but it is in Amharic. We don't speak Amharic. They provided a translator for us who tell us what passage we were in or what the topic was. We were also managing Adah & Anna at the same time so not always able to turn to the passage, but I think our translator understood.

Saturday-Up bright and early for soccer. Games all day.

Sunday-Up bright and early for church. Taught Sunday School for the 4 & 5 year old class. After church we came home and Steve grilled Hebrew National hotdogs and I had the chocolately chocolate cake from Costco for my birthday. I turned 48. My mother can't believe she has a child that old. After we had our family celebration Steve & I went to see The Family That Preys by Tyler Perry. We headed over to Joanne's for fabric for quilts. After that we then went to Black Angus for fried zuchinni and prime rib.

Monday-teach school and recuperate from the weekend, soccer taxi

Tuesday-teach school, soccer taxi & went back to JoAnne's for more fabric. They're having a $2.99 yd sale on some of their flannel. We went to Guitar Center for Joe who is learning how to play the electric guitar. I also had to go to Kaiser for my thyroid test. I have my annual appt. next week and need my numbers for the dr. I had thyroid cancer three years ago so I go annually for testing to make sure it hasn't come back. I don't have a thyroid and must take meds everyday to function. I started reading Good & Evil by Michael Pearl. It's the Bible in comic book form. It's almost like I can't put it down! It is so good.

So now we find ourselves at Wed. and I have school to teach, diapers to change, babies to snuggle, laundry to put away, fold, and wash, meals to make, Cubbies to lead, soccer players that need a ride, and piano lessons to go to.

Hope you have a productive day!

1 comment:

  1. I am already tired:) but I wonder how you do it all without dropping! I wish I had your energy!

    ReplyDelete