Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Our glorious weekend!

We headed off to the airport early Thursday morning and flew to Spokane, Washington. We were going to Kingdom Kid's Older Child Adoption Training Program on Friday and Saturday. While we were in the hotel shuttle I noticed signs that read Coeur D Alene. Knowing that we have friends that live there I inquired excitedly where that was! The driver replied that it was about thirty minutes from where we were! Are you kidding me?!!! I immediately started hunting down phone numbers and finally came up with the ones I wanted. I called and Stephanie answered her phone, but Crystal did not. Steph and I talked and arranged for us to come over the next night. John would come pick us up after the meeting was over and then bring us back. GREAT!!!! But!!! It got even better!!! Stephanie and Crystal (friends to me but sisters-in-law to each other) talked and agreed to come meet us at the hotel, since we were located right between them and we could all go out for dinner. Another friend was able to join us and off we went! Mike and Crystal brought their three WONDERFUL boys that I wanted to take home in my suitcase and John and Stephanie brought their youngest of four.

We walked around the Riverfront Park in downtown Spokane and looked at the waterfalls. http://experiencespokane.com/parks/#riverfront Then we all headed to the mall and finally found a place that would take all eleven of us. We went to the Sawtooth Grill and had a splendid time!!! The night ended all too soon.

Steve and I got up bright and early Friday morning for training. Very informative and eye opening. http://www.kingdomkidsadoption.org/Default.aspx?tabid=122 There were seventeen families represented. On Saturday we had Injera and the fixings for lunch. I thought it was actually pretty good. It tasted a bit like sourdough bread. I was encouraged when it was mentioned that the injera had been purchased and not homemade. (hope for me yet!) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Injera

I need to wrap this up so I can go finish dinner. We left encouraged and hopeful, but educated as much as we could be in two days. Thanks Steve and Michelle, you did a GREAT job!!!!

Love,
Vikki

1 comment:

  1. I am so utterly jealous that you got to see Stephanie and Crystal!!! Pics please!!!

    ReplyDelete