Wednesday, May 23, 2007

The Sweet Life

Today I took my three youngest boys to the beach. Nothing like listening to the song of the sea. It was a beautiful day with the sun shining, a slight breeze, the water tolerable, beautiful colors of the ocean water, and the company was great. The water had a slight chill to it, but felt oh so good! Pictures of La Jolla Shores http://www.a-zsandiegobeaches.com/lajollashores_photo_galleries.htm#

I used my new Wonder Wheeler Deluxe and highly recommend it! www.wonderwheeler.com I was able to pull a cooler, towels, sand toys, food, purse, chair, boogie board, clothes, etc. through the sand.

Oh and I held a baby......my biceps really need to get used to carrying a baby again. I carried babies for years and now nothing the last few years. Can't wait to get my hands on our two girls!!

We met dad for an early dinner at Chili's and now can't wait for American Idol!!! We're taping Lost to watch tomorrow night. Season finales! Gotta love them!!!

This morning while I was drifting in and out of sleep I heard a thud and saw something fall past my window. I looked out and it was a bird's nest with four baby birds all over the place. It had fallen from the top of the house eaves (second story) to the top of the first story roof, which happens to be where our kitchen sky light is which is right outside my bedroom window. Anyways, these poor babies were chirping and very upset as well they should have been. I decided to leave them alone and came downstairs to my computer. John reported that he thought they were dead so I went up to check. They indeed were not making much movement at all and I did think they were close to death. The roof tiles were moist from the morning mist and the poor babies had no feathers to keep them warm so they were getting cold. I scooped them up with a piece of cardboard and placed them back into their nest, placing the nest in an empty coffee can and bringing them into the house to warm up.

They seemed to be improving and we left for the beach. John called several times throughout the day to check on them. Three were improving, but one had died. Jesse tried to feed them bits of raisin and hunted for worms. They were chirping so he thought they were hungry. Jesse called the humane society and he drove those little guys about twenty-five miles away. He was so concerned that they wouldn't make it, and he knew they needed more than what he knew to do for them. They took his info and told them he would let them know the outcome.


Our son passed his Investigations Study Test which was his last big hurdle. About twenty-five people didn't pass and need to retake it. If they don't pass a second time, they're out of the academy. I still marvel that I educated this boy. Me with only a high school diploma schooled this child. Shows you how GREAT our God is!


Joke for you: Did you hear about the fire at the circus?
Answer: It was intense (in tents) HAHAHA!!!!

1 comment:

  1. heh! We watched Idol and taped LOST too. I watched 1/2 of LOST late last night and am dying to finish it off later today.

    ReplyDelete