Saturday, May 19, 2007

Our paperwork is on its way!

Take wings little envelope and fly!!! We faxed in our acceptance of the referrals on Thursday, but also needed to send them by snail mail. I'M SO EXCITED!!!! I can hardly stand it!!!

Steve is at men's retreat with Jesse (our 17 year old son), and Sarah spent the night with her friend so I just had the four youngest boys. Seems like that's how we roll lately, me and my four boys. I love it! Before we dropped Sarah off at Hanna's we went to La Pinata (YUM!!) and to see Shrek 3 (Yuk!). Two out of my four boys were bored out of their minds, but two liked it.

I found a great educational resource at http://www.letsgolearn.com yesterday. They have testing for reading, math and pre-algebra (that's the ones we're using anyways, they may have more). It tells you what they need to work on, which grade level they are at in High-Frequency Words, Work Recognition, Phonics, Spelling, Oral Vocabulary and Reading Comprehension. For example: James is my ten year old who has Autism Spectrum Disorder. He is currently using A Beka Phonics and in the first grade reader, but getting quite bored. He's working in the second grade language and learning & sounds worksheets. He wants to read his Bible for reading and seems to do okay except for those obnoxious big words. For High Frequency words he's at mid 2nd, Word recognition-low 4th, phonics-mid 3rd, spelling-high 1st, oral vocabulary-high 4th, reading comprehension-mid 2nd. So you can see the varying range and it gives me suggestions on how to bring up the spelling and high frequency word usage.

Ultimately I think I'm changing over to Sonlight and have NO IDEA where they would be, so I thought this would help!

I need to go and get off this computer. Jared & Miranda are coming for dinner. We're bbqing baby back ribs with corn-on-the-cob, potatoes, grilled mushrooms, and strawberry shortcake. YUMMY!!!!!!

Oh and someone played a great joke on me!!! They sent me WORKING MOM magazine. I think my husband threw it away. Oh well! I'm a working mom, but I work in my home with my children around. No need to leave my home to work, I've got plenty to do here!


Love,
Vikki

No comments:

Post a Comment