Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Happy Birthday America!!!

Joel asked me whose birthday it was today. I responded that it wasn't anyone's birthday. Then I caught myself! It is our country's birthday!! Happy Birthday America!! Hope you're enjoying your Fourth of July. We are!

We took a two mile walk this morning around the new track at the local high school. If you could have seen my six year old, you would know that life just can't get any better. He was walking, running and skipping! How long do guys actually skip? Do you see teen boys skipping? Older elementary boys skipping? How about any men that you know? This is what being six is all about. Skipping just because you want to and you can. Having legs that work and a brain that sends the right messages to the right parts. Thank you Lord for allowing him such movement and the freedom to do it!

We took the two boys to see Ratatouille. They loved it! We then went to Olive Garden for a late lunch/early dinner and then over to Cold Stone for some ice cream. Steve & I brought dessert home from Olive Garden so we'll have that later tonight.

Now I'm uploading songs to my iPod. I bought a bunch of songs from iTunes, but my internet connection is so slow it's having a hard time downloading them. I did get Queen and Hall & Oates to upload from a CD. I love MOST kinds of music (Christian & secular). In my car you'll find Loretta Lynn, VBS, Mercy Me, Newsboys, Country hymns & Scripture Rock. I'm having fun uploading songs that I don't usually get to listen to because as you all know the kids are in charge of the music in the car. Now I'm uploading Wings & their album Band On The Run.

Tonight we're going to watch fireworks and be extremely happy that we live in America where we have the freedom to go to church, listen to the music we want to, worship the Lord in the way we see fit, keep our own belongings and property, the ability to have more than one child, not be forced into an abortion for having a second child, and etc....

I last of all want to thank my brother who has been in the Air Force since 1988, and is now serving with the Army in Iraq in 125* weather. He had to leave behind his wife and two daughters to ensure our freedom. Thank you, Stevie. You're loved and appreciated for ALL you do and have sacrificed.

No comments:

Post a Comment