Saturday, July 14, 2007

Shopping and Preparing

I've been shopping for the girls and their arrival home. I did find another tandem stroller online that I hadn't seen and looked pretty close to the Eddie Bauer tandem, which I didn't see online either, but did see in the store. I LOVED it, it sits front and back instead of side-to-side and was light like an umbrella stroller, but I couldn't get this one button to work. The other one I bought was by Safety 1st. I'll take the Target one back when it gets here.

I put their beds up and switched dressers around. We're using the playpens until we know what their sleeping desires will be. We didn't want to spend money on cribs if they're going to sleep with us or even in the playpen in our room. With our other babies we put a crib right up to my side of the bed or we just didn't have a crib. I figured the playpens would be more portable too.

Most of their clothes have been washed. We got the cute dresses from Gymboree in the mail yesterday. I'm going to have them wear those for their embassy dates. I found sleepers and other outfits at Target and Old Navy.

I bought an Ergo baby carrier so I have something to help me carry the babies. I know my muscles aren't up to carrying 26 lbs and 13 lbs in either arm. I know if I have one in the carrier I can carry the other with my arm and hip.

Last thing I need to settle on is a diaper bag. I think I need one that goes over the shoulder, but has room for blankets and baby stuff. I have a great beach bag I could use, but the handle is more for your hand and not a shoulder.

We're in the home stretch! On the 23rd we should know something. Please pray that Meheret's family shows up for the hearing. Thank You!

No comments:

Post a Comment