Tuesday, July 10, 2007

VBS

I've been cutting, tracing, organizing and glittering lately. I'm in charge of crafts at VBS this year. Last week I put each craft in its own box so I could see what I had and what I needed. I'll take pictures and show you when I can. Our VBS theme is Take the Plunge With Jesus, using water-waterpark to get the points across.

The first day we're doing an aquarium. I cut aquarium shapes out of blue foam, bought ocean foam shapes and then they'll glue and glitter. Goes with the story about the Miraculous Catch of Fish and obedience.

Second day: Cross sand art. They're filling plastic crosses with sand. I also have a One Way foam hand with Christian foam shapes and sequins/jewels if we have extra time. Story: Jesus and the Woman at the Well-Worship

Third day: Penguin wind sock --Big piece of black construction paper with black crepe paper streamers, white eyes, white chest, yellow beak and feet and black wings with the verse "Even the wind and the sea obey Him" Story: Jesus Calms the Storm/ Courage

Fourth day: Life preservers that say : Take the Plunge with Jesus They'll color those and put stickers and glitter on. Story: Jesus Walks on Water/Faith

Fifth day: foam lacing bookmarks Story: Jesus Washes the Disciples Feet/service (I've been debating about making plaster crafts as extras. After I get all my penguin pieces in place we'll see where I'm at.)


Our family went and passed out VBS flyers the last Saturday in June to the local military housing and apts. Hopefully we'll have lots of children to minister to and be blessed by.

1 comment:

  1. My mom is doing the same VBS as you are and it rocks! I hope you guys have a GREAT week with it!

    ReplyDelete