Thursday, July 3, 2008

Boys and snakes



My seven and nine year old sons had a friend spending the night last night, which meant they had today to goof around our property. It is blazing, scorching hot here and our property is full of dirt and overgrown weeds (our riding mower is broken), just the right elements for a snake.

While I was at the computer (which is often) they came in very excited that they had killed a snake all by themselves. I didn't even know there was a snake out there much less that they were killing it. They were all boy and lovin' every minute of it.

They received lectures from dad and big brother Jake on how you don't kill gopher snakes and other "good" snakes. Can there REALLY be a GOOD snake? I think not. In their minds there was a danger and they were going to take care of it. Good for them, I say!

After they were done killin' the snake they went on an hour walk down the road stopping at our friend's house for some water. I told them they were having a "boy day." To top it off; dad brought home pizza for lunch!

1 comment:

  1. How do you tell a Gopher Snake from the poisonous ones, I'd freak out and try to kill them too, or run like hell.

    ReplyDelete