Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Weekly Adoption Update

This week we are working on our homestudy. Part of the homestudy process involves getting physicals to make sure we're healthy enough to take care of more children. Steve and I went to the doctor yesterday and met a mobile notary there. We got a physical, they actually call it an "adoption physical" and the doctor's signature had to be notarized. She (the mobile notary) waited out in the lobby during our visit and then met with the doctor with his identification.

Tomorrow two of the kids receive their physicals and probably shots if they are behind. We take in a form for each child for the doctor to fill out. Three of the kids don't need new physicals because it has been within a certain alloted time and I just had to drop off the forms and I'll pick them up tomorrow.

We signed up for another fundraiser. www.adoptionbug.com/grieshaberfamily, but I don't think it's ready yet. We will sell six different designed t-shirts advocating either faith or adoption. We'll hear sometime this week that it is up and running.

We did receive our first order of Ethiopian coffee from Justlovecoffee.com/grieshaberfamily. Steve says it's pretty yummy! I don't drink coffee so I go by his opinion. He buys it whole bean and then grinds it just before he makes it. I checked out the price of coffee at Starbucks and was pleasantly surprised that this coffee is about the same price and for a better cause! Who can beat that?

My sister-in-law gave me oodles and oodles of clothes. She said I could keep some and sell the rest for our adoption fees. Oh.My.Lanta. I have never seen so many clothes in all my life. There is no way my closet could even hold them if I wanted it to, so I must pick and choose wisely. She's much trendier than I am so the kids can tell when I have on one of her tops. I'm always in the mom mode and mom mode doesn't get too stylish, if you know what I'm sayin'.

I'm toying with the idea of selling them on ebay or at a garage sale. Ebay is ALOT of work but the profit could be much higher. I've been researching and I'm just not sure. Any input?

No comments:

Post a Comment