Saturday, August 11, 2007

Getting ready to travel

The past few days I've been doing little tedious tasks to get ready to go. I had to fill out immigration and Power of Attorney papers and get them ready so Steve can take them to a notary to have his signature notarized.

Printed off our itinerary so we know when we should be at the airport and when we should get picked up when we come back.

We have to take two sets of our paperwork. Going through the file I have to make sure things are in order. I took report covers and inserted each different paper in one and labeled them on the edge where the holes are so I can find what I need in a flash. Having two babies with me won't be easy and I need to find what I need, quick.

Received our tickets yesterday. Our travel insurance has Mihret's name spelled as Meheret which was how we thought her name was spelled, but I am glad it's Mihret, so I've been trying to fix that. I need to print those off so we have copies of it all.

Emailing back and forth with Addis Bed & Breakfast where we will stay. They have an iron!!! That opens up my wardrobe! I usually wear cotton skirts and tops and as you know they wrinkle easily when in a suitcase. I've been buying travel knit items to take with me.

It's cold and rainy in Addis. I'll have gone from 103* weather to cold and rainy in a little over a week. I soaked up that sun yesterday at the beach. I just had a feeling it was my last beach trip for the year. I burned my legs REALLY bad, the upper inside of my thigh. It hurts to walk.

Just checked the weather in Addis. For the next five days there are heavy and light rainshowers. Guess we'll be inside a lot! I bought a computer game for my laptop. It has lots of board games and puzzles on it. I also plan on taking movies to keep us entertained. We went to Office Depot to try and figure out how to get wireless internet on my computer, but it looks like it won't work. The guy spent about a half hour messing with it and it says its on, but it didn't work. Ah well, I was hoping to get it working so I could blog and post pictures from Ethiopia. We still have a few days so we'll see what we can figure out!

Took the three youngest boys to see Underdog. It was a cute movie. I rented Tyler Perry's Daddie's Little Girls for Steve and I to watch tonight. It should be good. We LOVE Tyler Perry's comedies, although this movie is a drama.

Been doing laundry FOREVER. It seems as though our washer and dryer are constantly going. My table is loaded with piles right now that need to get taken up to their spots. I think Sarah forgot how to use the washing machine while I was gone. That's okay, the boys were still alive and the rest of the house was in great shape.

No comments:

Post a Comment