Thursday, August 16, 2007

We leave today!

Sarah and I leave tonight for Ethiopia. We fly into Washington DC-Dulles and arrive at a bright and early 6am. Fly out of WA DC about 9:45 on Ethiopian Air, arriving in Addis Ababa on Saturday, August 18 at 8am. That would be our Friday night, early Saturday AM here in the USA. A driver should be there to pick us up and take us to the Addis Bed & Breakfast.

Not sure when we're getting the girls. We can call our agency when we're ready and set-up a time. I'm hoping we can go to church on Sunday so we'll have to buy another scarf/headcovering so that we can both enter the church.

I shopped for donations yesterday. Baby blankets, crib sheets, teething rings, school supplies, and some soft balls were things I found. We have two 18 gallon tubs filled with goodies. A big suitcase for the girls and a big suitcase for Sarah and diapers. We'll each take a carry-on and our personal backpacks. Unfortunately Sarah can't find her Ipod which isn't a good thing. To a teenager on a long flight that could be a life saver.

I'll pack my clothes and my carry-on today. I'm taking my camera, laptop and a DVD player, Ipod, knitting, and all documents on the plane with me so that I don't lose them.

Thank you all for praying for us and joining us on this journey. Now pray that Sarah and I don't get lost or end up in Pakistan instead of Ethiopia. Sarah's observation was, "How come they're letting the two most scatterbrained people in the family loose in Ethiopia?" "Good question, Sis. Now strap that GPS system onto your leg so they can find us."

No comments:

Post a Comment