Monday, August 13, 2007

Yummy Cinnamon Muffin recipe

This is our family's favorite muffin recipe. I made it this morning and thought I would share it with you. I found it in the 2004 The Taste of Home Annual Recipe book.

Cinnamon Muffins

1/3 cup shortening or butter
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg
1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 cup milk

Topping:
1/2 cup sugar
1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
3 tablespoons butter, melted

In a mixing bowl, cream shortening/butter and sugar. Add egg; beat well. Combine the flour, baking powder, salt and nutmeg; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk and mix well. Fill greases muffin cups half full. Bake at 350* for 15-20 munites or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.

(By the way, I don't use paper muffin cups, I just use Pam and they slide out of the pan nice and easy.)

In a shallow bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon. Dip muffin tops in butter, then in cinnamon-sugar. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen (of course I ALWAYS double the above recipe)

1 comment:

  1. They were very good. They turned out very moist and they were delicious and very easy to make. I made them for my husband this morning and they were ready by the time he was ready for work.

    Great recipe!

    Brandie
    Mobile, AL

    ReplyDelete