Friday, August 10, 2007

Palm Desert

Steve and I went away for a few days to the Marriott in Palm Desert, California. Palm Desert is a city just next to Palm Springs. It was about 103* in the day. Too hot! We ate, ate, and ate some more. One day we drove through Joshua Tree National Park. We saw two movies: The Bourne Ultimatum and Hairspray. Sleeping a lot was on my agenda, in the car, at the movies, in the room, it didn't matter. I was beat! I think it had to do with all the traveler's shots I'd received the week before, with the Yellow Fever only two days before we left and being anemic.

Now we're home and I'm enjoying my little guys. They missed their mommy. I played Old Maid with John and Joel before bedtime. We're a game family and I found a kids' card set at the gift shop and knew it was a perfect gift for Joel. Today it's Crazy Eights, Hearts and Rummy.

Sarah's friends threw her a birthday party while we were gone. They all parked in the back of our property and it was dark so she didn't see any cars. They all hid upstairs behind the wall and jumped out and surprised her when she walked through the door. She's sixteen now. Hard to believe.

1 comment:

  1. What are you doing up at 5:30am?

    So glad you got your embassy date. Can't wait to see the girls.

    ReplyDelete