Wednesday, December 12, 2007

A Fruitful Day

I was lounging around in bed with the five youngest children and remembered it was Tuesday. Tuesday is the day that USCIS (United States Center of Immigration Services-or something like that) is open to adoption case walk-ups from 8-12. I had forgotten that I was going to go turn in our I600A which is an advance petition to bring orphan/s into the country. I hurried up and got ready and headed out.

I started in El Cajon at the County Recorder's office to get a certified birth certificate for Jesse. He will be eighteen and needs to be fingerprinted for USCIS. Then I headed to downtown San Diego and sat in the USCIS office. My name was called, I gave the clerk the paperwork................and I had forgotten to have Steve SIGN the paper!!! Ai Yi Yi!!! I had already driven about twenty-six miles and would now go up the freeway probably another twenty miles or so to take the paper to him for him to sign it. I had also been looking for the Secretary of State's Office and couldn't find it.

I get to Steve's work and he chuckles because he did have to bring me a key the day before because I couldn't find mine. My phone is missing since last Wednesday and now I forget to have him sign this paper. He starts writing on a little piece of paper and gets a safety pin. The note read: If I seem lost just turn me over. Smart guy............

I head back downtown and turn in my paperwork. I find the office that I need to have our Power of Attorney's notory authenicated at. It gives the state seal to this document so our adoption agency can represent us in legal matters in Ethiopia. I then head home quite satisfied that I have finished two of the things I set out to finish. :0)

I get home in time for Adah's therapist. She is amazed at her progress. She wanted to work with her on going from a stand to sit, but she already does it and does it quite well. As soon as she's walking she won't need her services any longer. That's a good thing! I hate needing to keep a weekly standing appt.

We had tostadas and much to everyone's dismay we didn't have meat just beans. I have never had or served tostadas with meat so where do they get the idea that I'm starting now? Go figure!

We landed in bed exhausted, but our sleep wasn't very resting. The girls kept waking up for some weird reason. I had a suspicion that they were too hot with the heater on and in their blanket sleepers so I turned the heat way down. I think they slept after that. If they didn't Steve must have been up with them. It's tiring keeping up with babies at forty-seven and forty-eight. It's a sacrifice we're willing to make though, and we know that this age and stage shall pass all too soon.

2 comments:

  1. YOU USE BLANKET SLEEPERS IN LAKESIDE?!?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes,DAWN!! Blanket sleepers in Lakeside, you extreme weather lover you!It was 33* yesterday morning.

    ReplyDelete