Monday, December 3, 2007

Yesterday

Yesterday was a great day! My eight year old son had two soccer games because his team was tied for first place. I got to go to church and worship. I went to my favorite Mexican restaurant with Steve. We stopped at Cold Stone for some ice cream and I tried a new flavor. They have a dark chocolate peppermint that is wonderful!!!! It's not too minty, but just right. I tried their mix-in selection, but will leave out the mini-marshmallows next time. Next time I buy it, it will have the ice cream, chocolate shavings, and oreo cookies. It tastes just like the Girl Scout Thin Mint ice cream. It's so good!!!! I came home and puttered around on the computer. Having dial-up limits my puttering so I headed upstairs and got into my pajamas and then lounged around on my bed under my rag quilt and read my book until I finished it. The book I finished was Incidents of a Slave Girl by Harriet Jacobs. That poor girl stayed in a small attic crawl space for seven years so she and her children might have freedom. I cannot even imagine what strength of character she had. She was treated so badly simply because her skin was a shade darker than what was desirable. May we never see that kind of injustice again. Look with me past the color and see the person, the person that God created in His image. I finished the night up with popcorn, Hot Tamales and of course, Diet Coke. Just the perfect end to a perfect day.

No comments:

Post a Comment