Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Menu Planning

Thought I would post some of our meal ideas in case you have trouble coming up with ideas too!

I used to do one night was soup night, one night Mexican night, Italian, chicken, beef, etc... That way I had a skeleton plan and it was easier to come up with ideas.

This time I grabbed some cookbooks and our calendar and figured out what would go with busy days and slower days.

This is what I came up with for the next few weeks:

Chili dogs
Onion Swiss Steak
Beef Vegetable soup
Tostadas
Shredded BBQ Beef Sandwiches
Chicken Stir-Fry
Baked Spaghetti
Chili & Cornbread
Red Beans & Rice
Chili Nacho Supper
Lil' Cheddar Meat Loaves
Potato Soup

That takes me up to about Christmas Eve. I still need to figure out what we're doing for Christmas. I 'm thinking a ham with baked beans and some cold salads. I really want to get some meats and cheeses for snacking on Christmas Day.

Why don't you post on your blogs what meals your families really like? Or what system you use for planning meals?

1 comment:

  1. Looking forward to these recipes, I have 3 cans of re-fried beans I don't know what to do with, I was thinking of giving to the can food drive that usually takes place this time of year.
    I don't normally make Mexican food, but I would like too.

    ReplyDelete