Saturday, December 8, 2007

Not Much Going On

The past few days have been busy, but uneventful. We had Awana Wednesday night, and then Class Day on Thursday. John had All-star tryouts for soccer Thursday night. Poor Steve was doing all the running around and dropping off that night. Sarah had youth and usually Jesse takes her, but he was working. Yesterday Steve and I met for our what seems to be our Friday date time.


Joe brought the tree in earlier this week and he set it up. He brought in all the decorations too. My boys are the ones who decorated our house this year. I had/have no desire to decorate. With everything else that I do to add Christmas decorating on top of it is too much! I use to go all out, but who wants to do all that work? I've come to think that people who go all out just don't have enough to do.


Adah is now pulling herself up to a stand. Her legs are so much stronger than just three months ago. She'll start walking before long. She got herself stuck this morning in her crib. There is a bumper pad in her crib because she scoots to the very end of the crib and ends up sleeping against the bars. (They both actually do that and Steve thinks we should have just bought one crib because in one crib they both could have had an end and they'd be happy.) Well this morning I went in because she was crying. She was under the bumper pad with the blankets over her head. She was stuck and couldnt' figure out how to get out. She was relieved when I rescued her from herself.


This week I started blinking at her. She makes the funniest face when she blinks back. Her whole face gets very serious and she puckers up her lips. It seems like it takes much effort on her part just to concentrate on her eyes. It is the funniest thing I have seen in a long time and we're all in stitches by the time she's done with us.


Trying to get our homestudy update approved by our agency so we can continue. Our contact was on vacation and getting back into the work mode. I hate waiting on other people. God has given me patience though so I shall exercise it. The whole adoption process is a wait, wait, and wait some more time. It's very refining for my character. :-)
Have a great Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment