Monday, December 10, 2007

Trying to get organized despite myself

I utilize a wonderful site that lets you print off organization papers for free. www.donnayoung.org I have used their homeschooling papers and today I printed off the menu planning and Christmas card lists. So I planned my menus for the next two weeks. I took Joe with me to the grocery store and we shopped and shopped. I sent him to the Star Bucks kiosk to grab me a Mocha Light and I headed to the car. I left one cart with him and I went to unload the other cart since he had to be at the orthodontist across the street in ten minutes. I unloaded all my groceries and saw him come out of the store struggling with the cart and the Mocha Light. I went over to help him and pushed my cart to the cart stall before I took his cart. Apparently he had dropped my Mocha Light so it was dripping everywhere. I went back to my van and unloaded his cart while he cleaned up the mess that I later had to throw away because there was a HOLE in the cup. There went $3 down the drain.

I send Joe over to the ortho because by the time I pulled out of the lot, and went through the light he would have been late. I couldn't find my keys though. I looked everywhere. I thought that maybe I had handed them to Joe so I went to the ortho and asked him. No, he didn't have them. Great. We both headed back to Vons and looked some more. No luck. We searched for over an hour. Unloaded bags. Loaded bags. Moved things in my van that shouldn't have been there, but were because they hadn't been put away the week before. I had to climb over and around the front seat of the van to get into the back of the van to see if for some really weird reason they were somewhere that I hadn't even been. No luck!

I was convinced that I had placed them on the seat of the cart and when I pushed it over to the cart stall to help Joe they must have been in there. We looked through carts, Joe walked the aisles of the store. No luck. Finally Steve showed up with a key to at least start my van and get me home with all those groceries. I left my name and number at the store in case they showed up. Not more than five minutes after we got home they called. They had my keys. My poor husband went all the way back to go retrieve them. *This was not a grocery store in our neighborhood, as you will find with a large family, there isn't much time to shop, so you shop just before or after other errands and you shop where those errands tend to be.*

At least we now have them, but this gets chalked up to one more thing that I've lost.........I still have some of my sanity left, but that is slowly oozing away too. :0)

2 comments:

  1. you poor thing. I lost my keys like that the first time I went grocery shopping after I had Carrie. I thought I was going to lose my mind right there in the parking lot. So glad you got them back. The planning sounds good, lots of work for now, but should pay off for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you found you keys, the feeling must have been really frustrating, loosing your latte' on top of that. I hope today is much better.

    ReplyDelete