Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Giardia

I have it. I've had intestinal problems the last month. I've lost ten pounds. Hey, I've been able to eat whatever I want and still lose weight. I somehow got it from my travels to Ethiopia. It could have been the time I forgot and accidentally rinsed my toothbrush in the tap water, it could have been the ice I had in my drink on the way home, it could be from changing my daughter's diaper in less than ideal circumstances while traveling and not being able to wash my hands quick enough. However I got it I guess doesn't matter. I need to get rid of it! The dr. prescribed me an antibiotic and my tummy has already settled down. I was constantly hungry even though I had just eaten. My stomach was bloated and for those of you who know me in real life know that my stomach is the biggest part of me. (besides my thick head-quiet, Steve)

Now I'm on the road to recovery and will miss my "skinny" feeling. I've already made pumpkin spice muffins and oatmeal chocolate chip cookies just to even things up. I'm thinking of having the girls retested to see if they have it. Anna had it originally, but Adah did not. I wouldn't be surprised if Adah has it. I really don't want to know because knowing would involve giving her nasty tasting meds for ten days. But hey, that's what moms are for.

2 comments:

  1. I am glad you know and can get treated! I hope this doesnt spread through the house, like all the other bugs do with large families!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll keep you all in my prayers, I know you all will get better.

    ReplyDelete