Thursday, November 29, 2007

Life

I've tried to log in for several days now, but have been unable to. I have been busy doing mom stuff and pulling together adoption documents.

We sent in our application and the first half our agency fee on Tuesday for our next adoption. We will use Christian World Adoption again. Steve and I went to the notary and had many documents signed. We don't have to do as many as we did last time because those were all from scratch. We're using some of the same documents, because we had a second set ready to go and didn't use it. The ones we had to redo were really the updated forms from CWA.

Our homestudy update is almost done. Our social worker from Adoption Options is able to do it over the phone since she was just out to our house for a post-placement report on the girls. The homestudy update goes in our dossier and one goes to U.S. Dept of Homeland Security for our immigration documents. We'll just have to get fingerprinted which is a hassle. Last time it took all afternoon because there were so many people there. I went to the County Clerk's office yesterday and purchased certified birth certificates and a marriage certificate. I think I'll go downtown to the office and talk to the clerk in person and then head over to the State Secretary's office to have the "Official" seal put on our power of attny. So many details.

The mom stuff has kept me busy. Schooling, laundry, laundry, and more laundry, cooking, cleaning, changing stinky diapers, washing little girls, doing their hair even though they are loud and crying because they don't want their hair combed, and oiling/lotioning their skin. Adah still gets ashy when I use cocoa butter so I need to get some shea butter.

I did get my hair cut yesterday. I thought it was my imagination that it has been falling out, but my hairdresser confirmed it. So she cut to above the shoulder. We think it could be from the lack of nutrition when I had Giardia. I don't know. I'm thinking of going to Dr. Deckert who is an osteopath and specializes in women's care. Last time she loaded me up on some good vitamins. It's been years since I went in so I thought maybe I'll make an appt. soon.

Anna gets into EVERYTHING. Adah is crawling so she is starting to get to places we weren't expecting. The floor now has to be clean so she doesn't put things in her mouth. The doors need to be shut because if Anna can get to it she will and she brings it to Adah who puts it in her mouth. Ai yi yi!

I had a major blow-up on Tuesday afternoon/evening. Everything is okay now, but Tuesday I vented, and vented, and vented some more. What it comes down to: If you tell someone you're going to do something, then do it. Honor your agreements. Life becomes a hassle when you go back on your word or don't do what you're told and it inconveniences others. Do unto others as you would want done unto you. My mantra that my kids are sick of hearing: Do what I say, when I say, and how I say. Don't analyze it, just do it.

Jesse started a new job today. He worked for seven hours and likes it. It's probably only seasonal, but it gives him some Christmas money and some spending money. It's good for boys to become men and get out there and work in the real world.

The girls are in bed. Sarah is at youth. Jesse is at his girlfriend's basketball game. James is making a bacon sandwich for himself. John is supervising. Joel is in trouble and sent to bed early. Joe is watching tv. Me? I'm unwinding from the day in front of the computer. I'm taking a test for our adoption. It's a Hague Treaty requirement to have ten hours of training. We did go a whole weekend in April, but I guess that isn't good enough. So I have many more lessons to go and then I get to take another test on a book that is required reading. It's all good though. It's a good thing to be prepared with eyes wide opened.

No comments:

Post a Comment