Friday, October 19, 2012

My Friday

This morning I took seven of the kids to school, went grocery shopping for our bay night tonight, and then came home and made fudge and magic cookie bars. I made a double batch of fudge since we're passing this out as our shower favor tomorrow. We are putting them in a cute cupcake liner and then wrapping dark pink tulle with a brown ribbon around it.

Sarah wanted magic cookie bars but I made the recipe on the Nestle chocolate chip bag instead of the original and it was tasty as always. When we were in Costco shopping the other day an older lady stopped us when she saw the Nestle's bag that we had picked up and told us to try the Kirkland chocolate chips. She said, "They're the best chocolate chips I've ever had!" We found them and put our Nestle bag back. They are very good chocolate chips. They seem fresher and only have four ingredients.

I finally got the house clean about 12:30 and as soon as I sat down, the school called to say that M has a sore throat and wanted to come home. I headed out the door to get her and wait a minute!! The other four were coming home too! What?! Ah well. My house doesn't stay clean for long, at least it was clean for a few minutes.

We're getting ready to go the bay tonight for a bonfire with other families who have adopted from Ethiopia. We're bringing hot dogs, chips, soda and s'more stuff. Two grandbabies are going while their parents are either working or enjoying a night out.

I got some of the fudge wrapped up and ran out of ribbon. Burned two CD's for a shower game tomorrow. The game is to guess the titles of songs that have Baby, Babe in it or in the song. I need to go and make sure everyone has warm clothes and see why Boy (Isaiah) is crying. Talk to you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment