Saturday, September 22, 2007

God's Protection

Yesterday Steve and I were heading to Target to buy cribs for the girls. As were driving on the freeway the head of a shovel (the metal part without the stick) came flying at our car from under the truck in front of us. I took both arms and protected my face because it was headed right for our windshield on my side. I figured I'd rather get as much glass in my arms as I could instead of my face. Well evidently it skimmed the front part of the hood, hit the hood just by the windshield and dented the hood and then just left a rusted color scratch on the windshield. WOW!!! By it hitting the hood it hit the windshield just between us instead of just on my side. Not a crack or anything. We thought for sure it at least should have shattered. Thank you, Lord for protecting us.

Years ago we were driving in the same spot. A bird flew out of nowhere and hit our windshield, cracking the windshield bad enough that we had to have it replaced. Sounds like we need to avoid this particular part of the freeway, huh? Unfortunately, we can't but we do know God is watching over us.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a divine intervention to me...God bless you all, you are always in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete