Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Things are settling down

We've been home about a month now and things are finally starting to settle down a bit. Part of it is because Jesse is helping with soccer practices on Tuesdays and Thursdays. That leaves me able to stay home with the girls and work on dinner. We've actually had some home-cooked meals! I might hit three days in a row of cooking. :)

I'm getting caught up with Cubbies. I had a chance to sit down last night while Steve, Sarah, Joe, and Jesse were at Jesse's soccer game until 10:30 p.m. The boys and babies were sleeping so I took advantage of the time. I planned and took notes for the month of October. I'm used to being on top of things and do not like the feeling that I'm not giving my very best to the kids. The Lord knows I'm doing what I can when I can, but if I do a job I like it to be top notch. The cubbie program has changed since I was director many years ago so I feel like I'm just winging it. Don't like that. Hopefully this is a start to a better Cubbies club.

Adah has her first therapy with the Early Start program. She's about 4 1/2 months in development and size. She's where a normal 4 month old baby would be, but she's twelve months old so she has some catching up to do. The therapist and doctor think with proper nutrition her muscles will grow, strengthen and she'll be just fine. Her goal for the next year is to eventually run. Seems like a ways off since she's not even turning over!

Tonight I get to go to a Rag Quilt class taught by my friend Shenna. I went and picked out the fabric last week. I built my theme around a cardinal. Why? Two years ago when we were in Washington, D.C., the coordinator prayed that the Lord would allow her to see a cardinal. We don't have cardinals here in Southern California so this would be something special for her to enjoy. All week we didn't see one, and finally on a field trip one day, I saw her looking up. I looked to see what she was looking at and in the tree was one cardinal. It was the only one we saw the whole trip, but God answered her prayer. Even though it was something so small and uneventful, He answered her prayer. Now when I see a cardinal on anything I think of answered prayer. I'm making the quilt for me instead of someone else. Novel idea!

Well I need to go teach my children. My youngest wants to be taught individually instead of with his brother who is a year and a half older than he is. They're too competitive and he often loses simply because he's two years younger. So now my time is split even more. I can do this though. We just need to make sure that Bible, math and reading/phonics/language are covered. Everything else will fit in when it can.

Have a great day! Make a difference!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I hope we get to see pictures of your quilt. What a wonderful reminder of answered prayers. I remember seeing many beautiful birds when I was in Ohio with my grandparents 14 years ago. We don't have many colorful birds around here.

    ReplyDelete