Sunday, October 7, 2007

Awana Conference

Yesterday I spent the day at our local Awana conference. I attended the Cubbie seminars and I learned a great deal of information. One teacher had been in Cubbies for twenty-six years. She was a treasure chest of info!

The whole conference was very well done. Our other leaders went to Truth & Training, Game Line, and Sparkie, and Commander classes. The Cubbies classes taught us everything from the design and set-up of our room to record-keeping to crafts and games.

I have come full circle. I started out in Cubbies back in 1988 as a parent and then became a leader or director. Not sure I was actually a leader before I became the director or not. Then I was in Chums & Guards for awhile as well as leading the girls in our Awana Olympics. Speaking of the Awana Olympics I've heard that there not called "Olympics" anymore. I'm not even sure what the new terminology is!

Seems as the whole setup has changed except for Sparks. Cubbies is a new system to me now. In Cubbies the whole club works on the same verse each night. The whole meeting is centered around the truth found in the verse. Back in the day the kids could say as many verses as they wanted and I don't remember lessons plans available like there are now. I'm glad there are lesson plans, but as I get more comfortable in the club I'll tweek them to fit our club.

I'm excited to get our Cubbies club to where it should be and watch it grow. I remember when we had about twenty-five little ones in our rooms. Now we only have nine, but it's a start! There are so many little ones out there to reach for the Lord. I'm honored to have a small part in His ministry.

No comments:

Post a Comment