Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Rag Quilt

Last night at church I worked on my rag quilt. Shenna showed us how to lay out all the squares. My quilt will be seven squares across and nine down. I am bucking the system though and am going to have 1/2 seams instead of one inch seams. My teacher is not happy with me. ; ) I asked her if she really expected anything less from Jake's mom, but to buck the system.

First I laid all my squares down and decided how I wanted it to look. I tried to balance out the cremes, greens, maroons, and black/purple. When I was satisfied with that then I had to flip it over and match my front squares with a back square. Then they get flipped back over to the right side of the quilt. Shenna labeled each row for me and now they sit in a pretty stack. I have been told NOT to touch them so I don't mess them up. Can I possibly follow directions and keep my hands off them. I hope so!

2 comments:

  1. I loved making rag quilts this past spring! They are lots of fun. In fact, that's a pretty good idea for Christmas. Hmmm... ya got me thinking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't have the confidence to take the class, I can not sew at all. I am glad you have Sheena to help you it sounds great!

    ReplyDelete