Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Look what Dawn (Plaidhearts) awarded me! Thanks Dawn!



I give this award to the four ladies whose blog I read the most in addition to Dawn's.
Rachel is a young mom from church. Some of you who know me, but don't know Rachel might be interested to know that she is Barbara Willis' daughter-in-law. So you can imagine what a gem she is! She shares her life with her three little girls and her husband on her blog It's a Sunny Life. http://itsasunnylife.blogspot.com/
Marcia is a friend that I met online. She lives all the way in Utah, but we did happen to meet one time! We aptly stood under a sign that read, "Nuts from all over the world meet here" :) and had our picture taken with Sharon. Marcia is an avid knitter and shares her love of knitting and beautiful items that she creates on http://antknit.blogspot.com/ She also has four daughters that are just as lovely as she is.
Jen is another online friend, but unfortunately we have never met. Jen has a growing family with six children and a hard-working husband and she LOVES NASCAR. She too is an avid knitter and I have no idea how she finds the time to knit all the things she does. You can find all about Jen at http://sillyjencrochetsandknits.blogspot.com/
Sharon is a bosom buddy that lives in the same area. We got to know each other at an Above Rubies retreat one year and hit it off splendidly. Sharon has homeschooled her nephew and niece at one time or another and she is now homeschooling her own daughter. Sharon shares her life with her two little ones, her one on the way and her husband at http://keepinupjones.blogspot.com/
And Dawn.............If you could only know Dawn in real life. You would just treasure her. She knows how to have fun. She can laugh at herself. She doesn't take herself to seriously and yes, she is a kindred spirit. I miss Dawn. God brought her into my life in Southern California for a season and now we can share our lives through our blogs. I can still see her children growing all the way across the USA. Love ya' Dawn!

6 comments:

  1. Oh how sweet you are, Vikki! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am honored and blessed! You're a great friend, Vikki. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so special! I treasure your friendship!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Vikki, Could you please let me know what your email address is? I wanted to write to you because I missed saying goodbye to you in person. You can email me at hmcclellan@wavecable.com
    Thanks, Heather

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks so much Vikki!! Isn't blogging great? I feel like I am able to get to know others better, and yet be able to keep up with my life and tasks. Thanks for thinking of me.

    ReplyDelete