Saturday, October 27, 2007

Lazy day at home

All of our soccer games were canceled this weekend so we actually have a free Saturday. We had scrambled eggs, waffles with strawberries and whip cream for breakfast. The younger three boys spent the night at Jacob's for a special treat. They watched the Robinson movie and made Gak. Jesse picked them up mid-morning.

Steve has been putzing around fixing this and that. I finished writing thank-you notes. I've been working on them for the past month or so and I think I'm actually caught up! Sarah, Joe and I watched "What Not To Wear." Joel and I played Monopoly Jr. with him whipping me because he owned both spots near the Go square.

We had a late lunch/early dinner with bbq ribs, parmesan fingerling potatoes, corn-on-the-cob, Hawaiian rolls, and buttery grilled mushrooms. I have pumpkin cobbler (boxed mix from Costco) baking in the oven for a yummy dessert.

Now that my thank-you notes are done I can work on my quilt. I'm sewing the rows together. I have nine rows and have finished three of them.

Adah is down for her second nap and Anna is happily chewing on a rib. Of course, she's making a complete mess, but hey, she's washable.

Hope you're having a non-eventful lazy day as well!

1 comment:

  1. The pictures are great, and your food descriptions are making me hungry, do you have anymore recipes to share?

    ReplyDelete