Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Happy 27th Anniversary to me. Happy 27th Anniversary to me!

Monday was our 27th wedding anniversary! We've been celebrating all weekend by going out every day for a bite to eat. We even went to see 3:10 to Yuma and LOVED it. I love westerns anyways and this one was really well done.

Steve and I have been together since 1976. I moved in with him when I was fifteen and he was sixteen. We lived at his mom's house for about two years. When I was a senior in high school we moved into our own duplex. Not too long after I graduated high school Steve bought a house where we would live for the next sixteen years We also got married, received Christ as our Savior, and had four children while there.

Our wedding was quite small. In fact there were only five people there. The pastor, me and Steve, his brother and his brother's girlfriend. After the ceremony we went to lunch and then headed off to the Covered Wagon across the street from Knott's Berry Farm. Disneyland and Knott's was our destination.

I never thought we would make it to twenty-seven years. I thought one of us would have killed the other in the process somewhere along the line. But, we didn't and now our marriage is stronger than ever. I still find him wildly attractive and have a hard time keeping my hands off him.

We often prefer to be alone than with others. We're each others best friend. I would never dream of having a woman as a best friend. It's just not me. I did when I was a teenager, but since I've met Steve he's been it.

Now with ten children total and eight still living at home. We make it a point to go to bed at the same time and to spend time together every evening. We like the same things except for football. I am not a football fan in any way, shape or form. Now that I have my iPod, I can sit there and look at the TV with my earphones on while he watches football. :-) Other than that we're very compatible. I challenge you to make your husband your first priority. He'll love you for it.

2 comments:

  1. Wow 27 years! That is a blessing!
    I am also married to my best friend and would not have it any other way!

    ReplyDelete