Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Potato Soup

Today I made potato soup for dinner. It's a nice meal that you can leave on the stove and ,most everyone can help themselves. This recipe is from our pastor's wife with some of my directions added in.

Potato Soup
(I often quadruple this recipe for our family and have it simmering for several meals.)

6 slices bacon (save grease for onions)
1 cup onion
2 cups cooked potatoes
2 cans Cream of Chicken soup (10 1/2 oz. size cans)
2 cans milk
1 teaspoon salt
2 Tablespoons parsley
Cheddar cheese for the top of soup (optional)

Fry bacon and set aside. Take some grease from the bacon and fry your onion until the onion is transluscent. Fill pot with some water, enough to cover your potatoes, then peel and cut up potatoes to desired size. Drain water from the potatoes when done. Add everything to your soup pot and set on low. You don't want this to boil, you just want to keep it warm. After serving top soup bowls with bacon and cheddar cheese.

I usually make corn bread in my cast iron skillet when I'm done with the soup. Yummy!!! I'll add the corn bread recipe tomorrow. If I did it now that would require me to get up and it's 1:33am in the morning. If I get up now it's to go back to bed.

3 comments:

  1. potato soup is one of my favorite comfort foods. mmmm...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this sounds so good! I will have to try this one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just made this soup today it was great and tasted so good, the weather outside is chili and this soup really hit the spot. oh, and I made corn bread muffins too.

    ReplyDelete